Common Signs and Causes of Mold
Mold is a common problem in many homes, especially old ones that haven’t been maintained well. It’s something you simply cannot ignore as it poses a serious health threat. For those looking for mold removal Baton Rouge LA, the Mold Experts of Baton Rouge are the right choice.
Even if you’re just looking for mold inspection Baton Rouge LA, they have you covered. Their experts can inspect the affected part of the home and give you a quote on solutions and how much they would cost. But first, let’s look at what is mold and some of the common reasons for it:
What is Mold?
Mold is a type of fungus (microscopic organism), also called Alternaria. There are over 100,000 different species of mold, with at least 100 of them being common in houses around the US. It has a slimy, dark texture, in black, brown, and green colors.
Mold forms in moist places. It can even cause damage to property and health. Constant exposure to mold can result in respiratory problems in humans.
Common Causes of Mold
Here are some of the common causes of mold:
- Humidity: If you live in a humid climate, the possibility of mold is very high as this fungus thrives in humid places. In places like Baton Rouge LA, where it rains constantly, the humidity is naturally high, which is why you may need mold remediation Baton Rouge LA.
- Leaking Pipes or Roof: More often than not, it’s a water leak within the structure of the house resulting in mold formation. A leaking pipe is the most common reason for mold behind drywall and under the sink. Also, if the roof is damaged and leaks water, it can also cause mold on the roof and even the floor.
- Winter Condensation: In winters, a condensation layer can form on surfaces because of fluctuation in temperature. This is normally the case with pipes, concrete floors, and tiles. If the condensation is persistent, mold can form on these surfaces.
- Flooding: As if flooding itself isn’t horrible enough, it also leaves behind mold and mildew. It can take days or weeks to get the water out of the home, which is enough time for mold to make the wet surfaces home. This is why a mold inspection Baton Rouge LA is necessary after a flood episode.
- Humid Basement: Basements are the ideal places for mold as they are damp and hot even when the weather is pleasant. Because of poor ventilation or air circulation, the humidity levels in basements can be constantly high. This problem gets worse if there’s also leakage in the basement. This is why periodic mold inspection Baton Rouge LA is needed for basements.
Common Signs of Mold
Mold may be present in your home and contaminate the air you breathe without you even realizing it. If it occurs in places not frequented, it’s easier not to notice them. Here are some common tell-tale signs:
- Paint of Wallpaper Damage: If the mold has formed inside wall cavities, you’ll notice the paint or wallpaper starting to chip. The affected area will also be damp. In severe cases, the wall can start decaying.
- Stains: This is the most apparent sign of mold as it creates blackish, brownish stains on the surface. The stains can occur on the ceiling, flooring, carpeting, and walls.
- Odor: Mold in enclosed spaces can have a particular odor that smells like stagnant water. If mold forms in cabinets or closets with closed doors, you’ll be able to smell it distinctly when you open the doors. If you’re smelling such an odor in your kitchen or bathroom, it’s time to call mold remediation Baton Rouge.
Mold Removal Baton Rouge
The Mold Experts of Baton Rouge provide mold removal Baton Rouge LA. They also provide mold remediation Baton Rouge LA, where mold is reduced to non-harmful levels. If you’re seeing visible signs or suspect there’s a mold situation anywhere in your home, call the experts now!
While prevention measures are good, mold in wet places like Baton Rouge isn’t entirely avoidable. The best course of action is to have it removed as soon as you notice it. Don’t risk your health and the integrity of your home structure.
3 Practices to Get Rid of Mold in Your Home
Mold is a fungus that grows on organic material and can release spores into the air. Mold can trigger allergies, asthma, or other respiratory problems and may be toxic to people with weakened immune systems. Molds are also capable of producing mycotoxins which are harmful chemicals that have been linked to serious health effects such as nausea, headaches, fever and in some cases death.
Mending Plumbing Leaks and other Water Problems Immediately
A leaky pipe in your home can lead to major water damage. If you find a plumbing leak, turn off the water supply and contact a professional plumber as soon as possible. The sooner you speak with an expert, the less likely it is that you’ll have to deal with long-term repair work or replacement of damaged goods. There are many different types of leaks that can happen in your home’s plumbing system, but some common signs include: running toilets; low water pressure; unexplained high water bills; sagging floors; and more. These problems may seem harmless on their own, but over time they could lead to major issues like mold growth or flooding from backed up drains. You might not know about these leaks because they’re happening underneath.
Clean the Affected Area Promptly
If you notice any mold growth in your home, you should clean the affected area promptly. Mold can grow on any organic material, meaning it thrives on anything from clothing to food and even paper. It can produce allergens, irritants and sometimes even toxic substances that have been known to cause health problems for some people. Mold can cause health problems to those who are sensitive to it as well as damage to property. Cleaning up mold is not a difficult task and there are many ways that one may do so depending on what type of surface it is growing on. Mold can cause serious health problems and should be treated as soon as possible. Prompt removal of mold will prevent these negative consequences. The sooner you address the problem with professional help, the better off you’ll be at moldremovalbatonrouge.co!
Mold Removal in Safety Precautions
Mold is a type of fungus that grows in damp and humid environments. Mold can thrive on many surfaces but it thrives best when it has access to high levels of moisture, an organic food source and temperatures between 60-90 degrees Fahrenheit. When mold spores are released into the air, they can be inhaled by people and animals or ingested through contact with skin or contaminated items. Exposure to mold can cause allergic reactions for some individuals as well as respiratory problems, eye irritation and other health effects. If you have been exposed to mold, take safety precautions immediately by removing yourself from the environment where you were exposed before going any further.
If you notice any mold growth in your home it should be cleaned up immediately by a professional who has the proper equipment for removing mold from hard-to-reach areas like ceiling tiles and walls where moisture can accumulate unseen.